[AMBER] mmpbsa-with and without entropy

From: colvin <colvin4367.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 16:20:18 +0800

Dear all,

I use mmpbsa.py to calculate the free energy binding using a set of
120 snapshots and the Delta total = -14.5391 (using GB, no entropy).

Later on, i turn on entropy=1 on the same system, and the result
showed that: Using Quasi-Harmonic entropy approximation: Delta G
binding = 32.7203 (Delta S total = -47.2595).

The Delta G binding changed from negative to positive value if the
entropy is included. From the tutorial, I understand that the entropy
contributions can be excluded and most of the papers also do not
included the entropy contribution, but some did, and the results do
not show such a huge difference like what i have here.

I hope to get some explanations here and pls advise.

Thanks and regards,
Colvin