Re: [AMBER] RESP charge derivation

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2012 07:16:16 +0200

Hi,

> problem again,i have my gamess installed in
> home/administrator not in usr /local so when i am setting path through
> home/administrator i am getting the same problem. when i am trying to
> install it in usr/local permission is denied. can u help me out plz. i will
> be thankful if u plz tell me how to update LD_LIBRARY_PATH to find
> required library. hope u help me. thanks in advance.

installing in /usr/local is general and allows sharing the
installation among users.

you can also install gamess in your home directory; update the .cshrc
file accordingly if you use csh/tcsh or the .bashrc file if you use
bash.

regards, Francois

PS
a google search of LD_LIBRARY_PATH leads to:
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Program-Library-HOWTO/shared-libraries.html
http://www.wiredrevolution.com/system-administration/how-to-correctly-use-ld_library_path