Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA error

From: Jan-Philip Gehrcke <jgehrcke.googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 14:40:58 +0200

Ugh, I've attached a new version of MMPBSA.diff.

A semi-serious side note:
For Python coders, contributing to other Python code is much more fun if
PEP8 is obeyed:
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008

For example:
- Use 4 spaces per indentation level.
- Compound statements (multiple statements on the same line) are
generally discouraged.

Maybe something to consider in the future :)

Jan-Philip

On 04/17/2012 02:28 PM, Jan-Philip Gehrcke wrote:
> [...]
> required/requested. It does not mean that the executable has been found
> so far.
>
> `str(my_progs[prog])` prints what the `__str__` method of class
> `ExternProg` returns:
>

> def __str__(self):
> if self.full_path: return self.full_path
> else: return self.prog_name
>
> `self.full_path` is what `which(self.prog_name, self.search_path)`
> returns. This function returns `None` if the requested executable was
> neither found in a) $AMBERHOME/bin nor in $PATH. Hence, if the program
> is not found by `which()`, `self.full_path` is `None` and
> `self.prog_name` is printed. Which does not make sense.
>
> This means that "cpptraj found! Using cpptraj" is printed even if the
> cpptraj executable is not found. The same is true for any other required
> program.
>
> A `None` returned by `which()` indicates that the executable was not
> found. However, I cannot find any place where a `None` returned by
> `which()` results in an error message. I think that `find_progs()`
> should return `False` or `None` in case one of the requested executables
> could not be found. Then, in MMPBSA.py(cc), after line 497:
>
> external_progs = find_progs(INPUT)
>
> we should check for `external_progs` being `None` or `False`. I attached
> two patch files implementing these suggestions. Again, I did not test
> anything of this.
>
> This is only a suggestion and maybe it helps,
>
> Jan-Philip
>

> On 04/17/2012 12:51 PM, Kumar, Sonu wrote:
>> Hi Jason,
>>
>> I tried with 'debug_printlevel=2' and now it is giving this error:
>>
>> Reading command-line arguments and input files...
>> mmpbsa_py_energy found! Using mmpbsa_py_energy
>> cpptraj found! Using cpptraj
>> Preparing trajectories for simulation...
>> File "/usr/local/AmberTools/bin/MMPBSA.py", line 516, in<module>
>> str(external_progs['cpptraj']))
>> File "/usr/local/AmberTools/bin/MMPBSA_mods/make_trajs.py", line 57,
>> in make_trajectories
>> traj = Trajectory(FILES.solvated_prmtop, FILES.mdcrd, cpptraj)
>> File "/usr/local/AmberTools/bin/MMPBSA_mods/make_trajs.py", line 453,
>> in __init__
>> self.Query()
>> File "/usr/local/AmberTools/bin/MMPBSA_mods/make_trajs.py", line 577,
>> in Query
>> process = Popen([self.exe, self.prmtop], stdin=PIPE, stdout=PIPE)
>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 595, in __init__
>> errread, errwrite)
>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1092, in _execute_child
>> raise child_exception
>> OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
>> Exiting. All files have been retained.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sonu
>>

>> On Apr 12, 2012, at 2:56 PM, Jason Swails wrote:
>>
>>> Can you add "debug_printlevel=2" to the&general section of your MMPBSA
>>> input file and retry it? That will provide a full traceback so I can see

>>> 352-392-4032