[AMBER] AMBER12 QM/MM: is d-orbital code going to be parallelized?

From: Marc van der Kamp <marcvanderkamp.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 16:57:39 +0100

Dear developers,

An important reason for me to upgrade to AMBER12 was the availability of
MNDO type Hamiltonians with d-orbitals for QM/MM (in particular AM1/d).
Unfortunately, my first test-run with sander.MPI told me:

SANDER BOMB in subroutine sander()

 Using d orbitals but the d orbital code is not parallelized.

 Please run in serial.

The message is clear, but I'd love to run this in parallel, as QM/MM MD
will take a looong time on a single processor.
Is work underway to parallelize the d orbital code?
If so, that would be great!
And would there be an approximate ETA for this? (e.g. weeks, months or
years from now?)

Many thanks in advance,
Marc