[AMBER] How to overcome the limitation of file size when using ptraj?

From: Catein Catherine <askamber23.hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 15:29:16 +0800

Dear Sir/Madam,

I was trying to convert a large number of mdcrd files to binopos format using ptraj:

=====================
trajin md1.mdcrd.gz
trajin md2.mdcrd.gz
trajin md100.mdcrd.gz
trajout md1to100.binpos binpos
=====================

In the ptraj's log file, I found a total of 8300 frames were read, at the end of the log file, I found the following command:

OUTPUT COORDINATE FILE
  File (md1to100.binpos) is a BINPOS file

PTRAJ: Successfully read in 8300 sets and processed 8300 sets.
       Dumping accumulated results (if any)

When I tried to open this md1to100.binpos file with VMD, I can only see 1869 frames.

When I do the same analysis from md1 to md50 only and save it as md1to50. I can only see 1869 frames. The file size of md1to100.binpos is same as md1to50.binpos.

It seems to me that there is a limitation on the file size. How to overcomes this?

Best regards,

Catherine