Re: [AMBER] How to overcome the limitation of file size when using ptraj?

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 07:55:22 -0400

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012, Catein Catherine wrote:

> I was trying to convert a large number of mdcrd files to binopos format
> using ptraj:

Why do you want to do this? We recommend people use the netcdf format, which
VMD can read. The "binpos" format is a truly ancient format, which is not to
say that there may not be good reasons for using it for certain tasks. I just
want to be sure you don't have better alternatives.

[This illustrates how hard it is to squash bad ideas once they get out into
the wild....]

....dac