Re: [AMBER] Problem in Amber installation

From: vishal Nemaysh <vishal.bioinfotech.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:31:57 +0530

Respected Sir,

As per your suggestion i can download the AmberTools 1.5 bug fixes and
install it too.
but i am unable to form AMBERHOME directory while other files were formed
then i transfered those files in separately created home directory
'AMBERHOME' and then i gave following command "cd $AMBERHOME
patch -p0 -N < bugfix.all" followed by rest process but still unable to
excute the programme.
so kindly provide me the suggestion to installa Amber 11, AmberTools 1.5
and AmberTools 1.5 bug fixes.

Thanking You,

Your Sincerely,

Vishal

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 6:39 PM, Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>wrote:

> Another comment -- AmberTools 1.5 and Amber 11 tarballs both extract into
> an amber11/ directory. This is expected (and, in fact, essential).
>
> Don't forget to download the Amber11 and AmberTools 1.5 bug fixes, either:
> http://ambermd.org/bugfixes.html
>
> HTH,
> Jason
>
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 8:18 AM, David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu
> >wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Mar 22, 2012, vishal Nemaysh wrote:
> > >
> > > I am a newbie to Amber mailing list.I am trying to install Amber on
> > > 64 bit machine having Fedora 6 OS. While untaring the Amber11.tar file
> > > I am not able to find Amber Tools file. Both the files are named
> > > amber11.
> >
> > I think we need more details. Did you download the file
> > "AmberTools1.5.tar.bz2" from the Amber web site? It's not clear what you
> > mean
> > when you say that you can't find it. If you are having trouble at this
> > level
> > (untarring the files) you need to post *exactly* what you did: don't use
> > inexact phrases like "both the files". Don't leave out anything.
> >
> > ...regards....dac

> Jason M. Swails
> Quantum Theory Project,
> University of Florida