Re: [AMBER] saltconc and string parameters in MM/PB(GB)SA

From: Aron Broom <broomsday.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 14:21:44 -0500

I think you should perhaps do some literature searching concerning the
expected error for MM/PBSA. I'm not sure how much your binding sites
differ, but I think that with very good statistics and a forcefield that
describes your system well, you are looking at an error of +/- 1 kcal/mol
as a good result. Based on your description it doesn't sound like you are
making an extreme effort for highly accurate results, so I'd expect your
error to be > 1kcal/mol, perhaps by quite a lot.

~Aron

Aron Broom M.Sc
PhD Student
Department of Chemistry