Re: [AMBER] saltconc and string parameters in MM/PB(GB)SA

From: mish <smncbr.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 20:10:10 +0100

Well, I do not expect quantitative results from these calculations. I am
doing these calculations to distinguish between multiple binding sites (for
same ligand) in a system. Experimentally there not any evidence of
difference in binding energies for those sites but from Mm/PBSA I had found
two groups of binding site with diff binding energies. Now when I set salt
concentration there binding strength is reverse (weak binding site becomes
strong and vice-versa). This is where I got doubtful about the results
because including salt changes the qualitative meaning of results.

/Mish