Re: [AMBER] antechamber doesn't create mol2 file

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 09:04:42 +0100

Dear Dian,

> I was following the tutorial to run RED to get the charges for my molecule.
> It takes for ever for the gaussian calculation to finish since it is a huge
> molecule (>250 atoms).

I did NOT tell you to compute your entire molecule by using Gaussian
instead of divcon/mopac/sqm ;-) similar problems should append in your
case even if I prefer to use QM than semi-emp.

> Is there any short cut to do this? I mean in
> principle Antechamber should do it, right?

I do NOT support the Antechamber approach.

> Although it didn't generate a
> mol2 file, but the sqm.out file did have the charge information for each
> atom (Mulliken charges). Maybe I am wrong, but can I manual create a mol2
> based on the charges and other bonded terms from ANTECHAMBER_BOND_TYPE? Or
> can I just run the charge calculation with fragment of the molecule, which
> is the center of the peptide for my case, get the parameters of the rest
> and then combine these two parts?

I think I told you all what you have to do in my former email. I am
sorry of this is not clear. Let's take an example:
Imagine you have the following 5 residue long peptide with one
modified amino-acid, AA*:

    1 2 3 4 5
   Gly-Asp-AA*-Lys-Gly

All peptide bonds should be 'trans' except if you have a good reason
(proline, ..., ???)

-1) Concerning 1 & 5:
. you need terminal fragments for 1 & 5: N-term. and C-term.
. do 1 & 5 bear a charged group? 'Yes' at pH = 7 (the MD conditions)
. do you need to parameterize 1 & 5? 'No' they are already in the
Amber force field topology database (FFTopDB)

-2) Concerning 2 & 4:
. you need central fragments for 2 & 4
. do 2 & 4 bear a charged group? 'Yes' at pH = 7
. do you need to parameterize 2 & 4? 'No' they are already the Amber FFTopDB

-3) Concerning 3:
. you need a central fragment for 3
. does 3 bear a charged group at pH = 7? well, you have to find out ;-)
. do you need to parameterize 3?
   -> check in the literature
   -> if unknown: 'Yes' see tutorials at q4md-forcefieldtools.org
   http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/