Re: [AMBER] need KDO prep file

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 08:42:57 +0100

Dear Camille,

For the type of molecules described .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipopolysaccharide
I would NOT use force field libraries (FF libs) from Glycam: This is
not because one or two sugar units, that belong to your molecule are
available in GLycam, that you have to use the Glycam FF...

Instead, I would create all required FF libs in a single & highly
homogeneous R.E.D. IV run at R.E.D. Server. Once all is parameterized,
you will have to validate your force field topology database. I think
you should split your molecule into elementary building blocks
(charged groups, fatty chains, monosaccaride units) which can be
repeated such as in a biopolymer. By providing different analogs for a
given building block, the number of possibilities is simply multiplied:

   a1 b1 --> a1 b1
       b2 a1 b2
       b3 a1 b3
       bn

   a1 b1 --> a1 b1
   a2 b2 a1 b2
       b3 a1 b3
       .... a2 b1
       bn a2 b2
                a2 b3

in this type of approach this means that you can also work on a1 or a2
only; i.e. the bn fragments can be added or not added to a1/a2; this
is quite convenient when one wants to study the impact of the
substitution/non-substitution of a particular unit by KDO for instance

you can find examples of such an approach in R.E.DD.B. The works of S.
Abel follow that approach and remain of small size; they are pretty
good examples
when on first starts:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/F-92/
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/F-72/
then you can find more complex examples such as:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/F-87/
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/projects/F-85/
These projects are all related to the glycoconjugates, glycolipids...

Far larger jobs are in preparation...

regards, Francois