Re: [AMBER] AMBER11 installation

From: Hirdesh Kumar <hirdesh.iitd.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 12:09:53 +0530

Thanks. yes the link well explain why it was expected, yet I wanted to get
rid of all errors while installing this time. Now while configuring I got
following warning:

Could not find the X11 libraries; you may need to edit config.h
   to set the XHOME and XLIBS variables.
Warning: the X11 libraries are not in the usual location !
    To search for them try the command: locate libXt
    On new Fedora OS's install the libXt-devel libXext-devel
    libX11-devel libICE-devel libSM-devel packages.
    On old Fedora OS's install the xorg-x11-devel package.
    On RedHat OS's install the XFree86-devel package.
    On Ubuntu OS's install the xorg-dev package.
    For the moment Amber will be configured not to build XLEaP.

I checked the system and found that xorg-dev is installed and the latest. I
presume I need to set the path for XHOME in config.h path. I did that as
XHOME = /etc/X11
But still same error.. I guess I am wrong while defining path. Kindly
suggest me how to get rid of this issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Hirdesh Kumar