Re: [AMBER] makeDIST_RST error

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 14:23:00 -0500

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011, Charles Johnson wrote:

> I am currently trying to make a hydrogen bond RST file for a 9-mer RNA
> duplex. When I try and run makeDIST_RST i obtain the following error:
>
> # makeDIST_RST
> Currently configured for up to 5000 atoms
> Using MAP file /share/apps/amber11/dat/map.DG-AMBER
> ERROR no map function for H1 RG5 :data= 1 GUA H1 18 CYT N3 1.84 2.04

Starting with Amber11, the map.DG-AMBER file uses PDB version 3 residue
names. Hence, you need to build the RNA with a forcefield like ff10,
and use "G" and "C" instead of "GUA" and "CYT".

[You could also edit (a copy of) the map.DG-AMBER file to go back to the older
residue names, but I suspect your long-run needs would be better met by
updating to the current PDB/IUPAC standards. Either way, becoming familiar
with the contents of this file should pay dividends.]

...good luck...dac