Re: [AMBER] How to Calculate SASA with Amber?

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 15:55:39 -0400

Hi,

I'm not sure I completely understand what you're asking, but you can
specify a mask with the 'surf' command in cpptraj; this will calculate
the contribution to the overall SASA by the atoms in the mask. So, for
example given this cpptraj input:

parm protein.parm7
trajin trajectory.nc
surf R1 :1 out sasa.dat
surf R2 :2 out sasa.dat
surf R3 :3 out sasa.dat

You will get an output file (sasa.dat) that will contain the SASA of
residues 1, 2, and 3, like so:

#Frame R1 R2 R3

Note that here R1, R2, and R3 are just labels, you can name it
whatever you want.

Hope this is helpful.

-Dan