Re: [AMBER] AMBER parameters for the acetylated lysine

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 07:55:31 +0200

Dear Gorka

> I would like to use the AMBER forcefield along with an algorithm that
> optimizes the protein-dna interface. The problem is that one lysine is
> acetylated and I do not have the parameters for this modified residue so I
> can not run the simulation. I was wondering if any of you had the parameters
> for the acetylated lysine. If so, I would be grateful if you could send them
> to me. Looking forward to hearing from you.

For acetylated lysine, you only need charge values in a force field library.
You could use R.E.D. Server to generate a new FF library for this
modified amino-acid.

You need to prepare a P2N file & you generate automatically the FF
libraries for the N-term, C-term & central fragments and the dipeptide
from this dipeptide in a single step.

(You also need to decide which conformation to use for the side chain
& backbone)

See
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-3.php#25
versus