Re: [AMBER] Ordering of torsion definitions

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 12:05:51 -0700

Hi Peter,

The easiest approach is probably to try it out in Leap and see what it
actually does. It would be useful to know. You could build a custom peptide
with the sequence command. E.g.

foo = sequence { ACE VAL LEU ILE ... }

saveamberparm foo prmtop inpcrd

Then run the prmtop through rdparm and select printdihedrals and see what
you actually get in the prmtop file. From this it should be possible to
reverse engineer what actually goes on. You could move the wildcards around
in the ildn frcmod file and see if it makes any difference. It would be
interesting to know though what the ILDN parameter actually should be and
see if these are what leap actually gives you. It is worth comparing tleap
and sleap as well to see if they agree.

It would be nice if Wei can chime in here with an exact definition of what
he coded in sleap.

In my opinion though the wildcards should still be removed (especially since
they can hide possible missing parameters) and someone should just make a
ILDN frcmod file that explicitly defines every dihedral and 'does the right
thing'(tm) matching what the original ILDN authors intended.

All the best
Ross