Re: [AMBER] Calculating the force applied to a restrained point

From: Ali M. Naserian-Nik <naseriannik.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 22:40:54 +0330

Dear Jason and Daniel,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Please assume that an atom is restrained to its initial position through a
positional restrain with a weak force constant. Then I think Fx=k(x-x0),
Fy=k(y-y0), and Fz=k(z-z0) and the resultant force applied to the restrained
atom is F=(Fx^2+Fy^2+Fz^2)^(1/2), where (x0,y0,z0) the initial coordinate of
the atom as Jason said and (x,y,z) must be obtained from crd file. It is
true?

I have to set nscm=0, therefore the center of mass of system transforms
during simulations. How do I must act in this case?