Re: [AMBER] Instantaneous temperature in TI simulation

From: Qiantao Wang <qiantao.wang.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 16:12:44 -0400

Just a quick summary of this QM/MM problem and a bug fix.

The problem only occurs when qmshake=0; if noshakemask is used and
overlaps with iqmatoms (or qmmask), the number of degrees of freedom
"released" from this overlapped region will be count twice
technically.

So the fix includes,

for general QM/MM simulations:
1) if qmshake=0, and noshakemask is on, count the overlapped degrees
of freedom (if any), and subtract it from the total number of degrees
of freedom;
2) issue an error message when qmshake>0, but there are QM atoms
belongs to noshakemask;

for QM/MM TI simulations:
3) when qmshake=0, check the total number of the non-shaked atoms, see
whether or not they match in two simulations. If not, issue an error
message that suggests using noshakemask to match the noshake region.

Brian, the bonded terms with the proton are kept after reading your email.

Best,
Qiantao