Re: [AMBER] help ! zinc parameters

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 17:02:16 +0200

Dear Kk Zhu,

> Thanks for your advice! But i still have some questions for your
> help. At first, i want to make the zinc atom bond to the HIS through
> the ZN--NB,and make the HIS a nonstandard residue,but i cannot find
> the point charge for the residue.

If nobody studied your complex before you, you should derive the
charges for this complex (atomic charges are generally not
transferable between molecules/complexes).

> I know the R.E.D. Server that you mentioned could solve the problem
> ,is that right ?

R.E.D. and R.E.D. Server derive RESP or ESP charges embedded in force
field library(ies) for new molecules and new molecular fragments.

> i also tried to use the R.E.D. Server but it is very hard for me a beginner.

In your case, there are two main difficulties:
- deriving RESP or ESP charges embedded in force field library(ies)
for new molecules and new molecular fragments
- working on a bio-inorganic complex

> If there are other method except this?

You need to demonstrate that your complex is valid; QM is an efficient
method to study organic and bio-inorganic molecules.

> The second question is if i bond the zinc to the residues around it
> where can i find the parameters ,for example the angles and the
> dihedrals ?

- You first derive charges for your complex
- Then, you need to define the FF atom types; here, because of the
symmetry of the complex two atoms having a similar chemical
environment might have different FF atom types.
- van der Waals parameters can be obtained from the literature
- Equilibrium values for bonds and angles can be obtained from X-ray
data (or from QM)
- bond and angle FF constants can be obtained from literature or from
fitting from QM data
- dihedral FF parameters (energy barrier) involving the metal centre
are often set to zero

> I also want to know i deal with my system llke this is right or wrong !

I do not understand what you mean.

regards, Francois