Re: [AMBER] again GLYCAM06 + 99SB + GAFF ?

From: Yun Shi <yunshi09.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 07:41:36 -0700

Hi Francois,

As in Glycam_06g.dat, the sulfane sulfur is defined as atom type "SM", which
has some preliminary parameters for thiosugars. But no atomic charge was
developed for this SM atom in any molecule within the prep file. Anyways, I
have to validate these parameters.

Could you go into some detail about "follow QM data obtained using high
theory levels"? Because I thought since we are simulating molecules in
condensed phase, i.e., in solution, it should be better to calibrate MM
parameters with conformational behaviors in solution instead of "in vacuum".
And except plotting potential energy graph with respect to dihedral values,
I am not sure how to validate angle parameters...

Thanks,
Yun