Re: [AMBER] pbsa

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 15:22:37 -0400

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 2:42 PM, kirtana S <skirtana4.gmail.com> wrote:

> Now again I tried with Amber tools 1.4 , pbsa
> using my input script for default values mostly and though this runs to
> give
> my output, Here I have attached my .out file ,please see if you can access
> it.

Why not AmberTools 1.5?

> I would like to know about
> PB Info in pb_read(): npopt has been overwritten with inp

inp is the new npopt. In previous versions, npopt was the variable that
specified the non-polar solvation free energy calculation method. In the
future it is going to be inp. This is just a verbose warning about that.

> How does this rectify to get the input for atom radius. Can you clarify me
> to get the exact solvent accessible surface area for my molecule.
>
> As per manual I used sprob = 1.6 , which was the default value.Which ither
> parameters I should take into consideration in my input , if I have some
> atoms like Iron.

This is not the radius for any atom in your system. It is the probe radius
used to calculate the solvent-accessible surface area (SASA).

HTH,

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Candidate