Re: [AMBER] Amber 11 configure error with openmpi

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 13:23:48 -0400

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 1:14 PM, Lianhu Wei <lianhu.wei.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was successfully installed amber serial version, and want to compile a
> parallel version in my cluster. I download and install openmpi 1.4.3 with
> no warning and error message. I had impi installed before, but when I
> configure it, it did not have mf90, this is the reason to install openmpi.
> I checked the mpirun, from the date, it showed me that is the one I just
> compiled. My OS is Red hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4. But when
> run configure, I got the error message:
>
> Configuring Parallel NetCDF; (may be time-consuming)
>
> Error: parallel NetCDF configure returned 77
> Parallel NetCDF configure failed! Check the pnetcdf/config.log file.
> Continuing but parallel NetCDF will be skipped.

Here's one parallel configure that failed...

> Configuring NetCDF; (may be time-consuming)
>
> NetCDF configure succeeded.
>
> Configuring fftw-2.1.5; (may be time-consuming)
>
> Error: fftw configure returned 1
> fftw configure failed! Check the fftw2_config.log file.

And here is another.

> Then I checked fftw2_config.log file. There are some error message in the
> end:
> checking whether gcc accepts "-fkeep-programmers-inline"... no
> checking whether gcc accepts "-vomit-frame-pointer"... no
> checking for mpicc... mpicc
> checking for MPI_Init... no
> checking for MPI_Init in -lmpi... no
> checking for MPI_Init in -lmpich... no
> configure: error: couldn't find mpi library for --enable-mpi
> file.: No such file or directory

This is worrying. Somehow it found mpicc, but it can't actually find any of
the libraries. It also says it can't find MPI_Init, which is the MPI
function responsible for initializing all MPI environments. This is
evidence that your MPI installation is busted. You need to reinstall
OpenMPI.

HTH,
Jason

> I am stuck here. Could anybody give me some clue that where it could be
> wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> William

Quantum Theory Project,