[AMBER] how to fill in missing parameters in tleap?

From: Yun Shi <yunshi09.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:01:25 -0700

Hi all,

I am trying do set parameters for a ligand as shown in the attachment with
GLYCAM, GAFF, and 99SB force fields for different parts.

For the left part (one standard alpha-L-Rhamnose and a thio
alpha-L-Rhamnose), I calculated RESP charge and used antechamber to set GAFF
parameters for the modified thio sugar (blue part). Then I loaded GLYCAM_06
and GAFF ff within tleap, after which I loaded the standard sugar (red part)
and the modified thio sugar (blue part).

But after I linked these two together, missing parameters remained for the
newly-formed glycosidic bond and angles and dihedrals, as expected. So I
wonder, technically, how to fill in these missing parameters. Should I
manually construct a .frcmod file? Or is there a better alternative to fuse
these different parts?

Thanks for any suggestion.

Yun