Re: [AMBER] folding/unfolding or just local minimum trap?

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 07:29:23 -0400

the rmsd values after that point all seem low, so it probably is stuck in
some minimum. is that the global minimum? there is no way to know from this
data. you might want to try running several simulations to see if this is
reproducible, and perhaps from different initial structures as well.

keep in mind you might be seeing some local rearrangement of your homology
model- but what you are modeling in a few ns almost certainly should not be
called "protein folding". you will need to be much more clear about what you
are doing, what experimental data you have, and what you want to learn. this
doesn't sound like a protein folding project.