Re: [AMBER] folding/unfolding or just local minimum trap?

From: Chinh Su Tran To <chinh.sutranto.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 20:51:57 +0800

Dear Dr. Simmerling,

I want to detect intermediate states of the target protein, or exactly that
i want to extract the "saddle point" states (which show the energy shift).
When I first started the project, the experimental structure was not
available, so I started with homology modeling to get the initial structure
of the protein. After running short minimization and short-time refinement
for the structure, I got the structure which reached the equilibrium.
Thus, I ran again with longer time for the MD (20ns), and I want to
*unfold*it again (im not quite sure HOW, but im still doing trials).
Any suggestions
will be definitely useful for me, and I am greatly thankful for that.

>From the second point, did you suggest me NOT using the homology modeling,
but start to fold the protein from scratch (from the sequence)? I will try
from this.
Thank you very much for your advice.

Chinsu