[AMBER] Jarzynski and PMEMD

From: Sai Kumar Ramadugu <sramadugu.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:23:12 -0500

Dear Amber Users,
I am running Jarzynski/SMD simulations for the binding free energy of a
disaccharide-Protein complex.
I have started using SANDER module of AMBER with Jarzynksi by setting jar =
1 in the md input file.
Since PMEMD gives more speed in comparison to SANDER, I started using PMEMD
for pulling simulations.
I checked the test directory and found that Jarzynksi method passed with
SANDER but I could not find the Jarzynksi with PMEMD in the test directory
of AMBER on our cluster.
To confirm that SANDER and PMEMD give same results I used the same md input
file for both and saw that the values of work obtained from both the md
engines are same for first 100-200 steps. But later they diverge.

My questions: Can one use PMEMD and Jarzynski?
                      Since I could not find the PMEMD/Jarzynksi in the test
directory, are we compiling AMBER wrong? Should we check again on the
compilation of AMBER?

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards