Re: [AMBER] simulating a protein-peptide complex

From: Xiao Chen <chen.xiao.po.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 15:06:03 +0530

Dear Carlos,

Thanks for the email.

The protein-peptide complex which I am trying to simulate has 225 residues
and the peptide is 10 residues long. The peptide interacts with the protein
through 3 hydrogen bonds at one end. The residues at the other end of the
peptide are free (non interacting).

First, I ran 2000 cycles of minimization on the complex after creating the
.prmtop file form tleap.

Next, I equilibrated the complex at constant volume, temperature and then
pressure.

Then i collected production run for 15ns (1500 frames)

After the run, I calculated the r.m.s.d. of coordinates generated using
ptraj:

trajin abc.mdcrd 1 1500 1
reference ref.pdb
rms reference out rmsd.dat .CA, C, N, O
go

r.m.s.d of the coordinates generated during the simulation, fluctuate a
great deal and then jump sharply after ~10ns and progressively keeps
rising.
Find attached the r.m.s.d. graph over 15ns (1500 frames).

I looked at the trajectory. Over these 15ns the peptide fluctuates such that
at one point (after about 10ns) the distance between the CA of a peptide
residue (which makes hydrogen bond with the protein) is ~10 A with the
reference. Please help!

Thanks,

Po