Re: [AMBER] trouble installing Amber 10

From: Jennifer L. Muzyka <jennifer.muzyka.centre.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 15:06:09 +0000

Sorry. We're using a Mac running Mac OSX (10.5). We have been unable to install gfortran from MacPorts. We have a version of gfortran within gcc45, but we don't see gcc listed as an option when we run "./configure_amber -help".

Apparently we weren't in the src directory when we typed that command. We ran "./configure_amber" using gfortran instead. Then we successfully ran "make clean" and then "make serial" from within the src directory and got this error message:
C31735:src ilma$ make serial
Starting installation of Amber10 (serial) at Wed Jun 22 10:55:42 EDT 2011.
cd lib && make install
cpp -traditional -P -xassembler-with-cpp -Dsecond=ambsecond -DBINTRAJ new2oldparm.f > _new2oldparm.f
gfortran -c -O0 -fno-range-check -fno-second-underscore -o new2oldparm.o _new2oldparm.f
cpp -traditional -P -xassembler-with-cpp -Dsecond=ambsecond -DBINTRAJ nxtsec.f > _nxtsec.f
gfortran -c -O0 -fno-range-check -fno-second-underscore -o nxtsec.o _nxtsec.f
gfortran -o new2oldparm new2oldparm.o nxtsec.o
mv new2oldparm ../../exe
/bin/rm _*.f
cd addles && make install
cpp -traditional -P -xassembler-with-cpp -Dsecond=ambsecond -DBINTRAJ lesmain.f > _lesmain.f
lesmain.f:650:0: error: detected recursion whilst expanding macro "vector"
make[1]: *** [lesmain.o] Error 1
make: *** [serial] Error 2
C31735:src ilma$

We've seen this error previously and haven't been able to find any suggestions in the archive about solving this problem. We'd appreciate any advice you can offer.
Jennifer