Re: [AMBER] trouble installing Amber 10

From: peker milas <pekermilas.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 09:53:53 -0400

Hi, Jennifer and David,

We previously spent almost 4 months for installing Amber10 to a
similar machine. We ended up with some race conditions and a bunch of
bugs that we reported to designers to be fixed. What i strongly advise
you will be try to stick to gcc/gfortran combination. Also because you
have Ubuntu, you should have dash rather than bash as your default
shell environment. There are methods for fixing this and you can find
them in this email list. Other than that, if you strictly follow the
installation instructions you should be able to at least build the
serial version.

In case you need a more detailed set of installation instructions,
please check below documents;

http://www.somewhereville.com/?p=345
http://www.somewhereville.com/?p=437

i hope they will be helpful