Re: [AMBER] trouble installing Amber 10

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 09:41:54 -0400

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011, Jennifer L. Muzyka wrote:

> When we run "make clean," we get this error message.
> C31735:amber10 ilma$ make clean
> make: *** No rule to make target `clean'. Stop.

What directory are you in when you type this command? Is there a file called
"Makefile" in the directory you are in? Is there a "config_amber.h" file?

> C31735:amber10 ilma$
> We had a similar message when we tried "make serial." Do you need to
> see the errors when we did the "./configure_amber g95"? It took several
> tries before that ran successfully.

We do need more information, including the exact error messages (don't just
say "similar"). If the configure step doesn't work, that needs
to be fixed. "g95" is not much used anymore, so if you have trouble with it,
replacing that flag with "gfortran" might help. But, at base, I don't
understand how you could be getting the error messages you report.
Also, let us know what OS you are using.

....dac