Re: [AMBER] Using Gaussian 09 (g09), how can I obtain RESP charges of a new residue?

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 13:17:02 +0200

Shuntaro,

>> Why not using R.E.D. Server? any researcher can use 8 cpu cores...
>>
> Thank you for your offer.
> However my target molecule consists of over 100 atoms
> and number of initial structures will be no less than 10.

- R.E.D. Server . http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS/ is limited to
150 atoms
- R.E.D. Server Development .
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS-development/ is limited to 350
atoms; but... You should consider spilling your big molecule into more
elementary(smaller) building blocks.

> By the way, the following lines are quoted from the Gaussian input
> that RED-vIII.4.pl (to which Corn2Duan.csh have been already applied)
> generates.

ok

> ‘#P b3lyp/cc-pVTZ SCRF(IEFPCM,Solvent=Ether) SCF(Conver=6) NoSymm Test
> Pop=mk IOp(6/33=2) GFInput GFPrint’

If I remember the SCRF'IEFPCM' solvation model in G03 is different to
that in g09: I would use in your case, Gaussian 2003.

> Why do they use Solvent=Ether,
> not SCRF(IEFPCM, Read) with input section for PCM keywords (eps=4.0)?
> In deriving RESP charges compatible with Amber 03 force field,
> we should use B3LYP/cc-pVTZ method with IEFPCM (epsilon=4.0).
> (Duan et al. Vol. 24, No. 16. Journal of Computational Chemistry)

I see what you mean...

. http://www.gaussian.com/g_tech/g_ur/k_scrf.htm
DiethylEther: ε=4.2400
. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diethyl_ether_(data_page)
DiethylEther: ε0 = 4.34 at 20 °C

Did you try to use both approaches? (I am sure we tested that, but I
forgot...)
Is there any difference?

regards, Francois