Re: [AMBER] Using Gaussian 09 (g09), how can I obtain RESP charges of a new residue?

From: Chiba Shuntaro <chiba.s.ac.m.titech.ac.jp>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 19:16:22 +0900

Dear Francois,

>Why not using R.E.D. Server? any researcher can use 8 cpu cores...
Thank you for your offer.
However my target molecule consists of over 100 atoms
and number of initial structures will be no less than 10.

By the way, the following lines are quoted from the Gaussian input
that RED-vIII.4.pl (to which Corn2Duan.csh have been already applied)
generates.
‘#P b3lyp/cc-pVTZ SCRF(IEFPCM,Solvent=Ether) SCF(Conver=6) NoSymm Test
Pop=mk IOp(6/33=2) GFInput GFPrint’

Why do they use Solvent=Ether,
not SCRF(IEFPCM, Read) with input section for PCM keywords (eps=4.0)?
In deriving RESP charges compatible with Amber 03 force field,
we should use B3LYP/cc-pVTZ method with IEFPCM (epsilon=4.0).
(Duan et al. Vol. 24, No. 16. Journal of Computational Chemistry)

Best regards, Shuntaro