[AMBER] mmpbsa nmode problem

From: Yi An <anyiphysics.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:29:26 -0500

Hi AMBER users,

I managed to use MMPBSA to calculate the binding free energy between a small
DNA molecule and an anti-DNA antibody. I also tried to calculate the entropy
with normal mode analysis. However, none of these calculations finished
normally. In a lot of cases, I got such none-sense numbers:

"Entropy Term Average Std. Dev.
------------------------------
-----------------------------
Translational: -1.0000 0.0000
Rotational: -1.0000 0.0000
Vibrational: -1.0000 0.0000
Total: -1.0000 0.0000

DELTA S total= 1.0000 +/- 0.0000

WARNINGS:
Not all of your snapshots minimized within tolerable limits for nmode"

And in the log.error file , "Warning: Not all of your snapshots minimized
within tolerable limits for nmode" showed up again.

Is it a memory issue? If not, how could I fix this problem?

Yi An

Graduate student
Department of Chemistry
Texas A&M University