Re: [AMBER] compile errors with AmberTools1.5 + Amber11

From: <dacase.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 16:05:49 -0400 (EDT)

>> ****************bugfix.all patch
>> error*************************************************
>> patching file AmberTools/src/cpptraj/src/AmberNetcdf.cpp
>> patching file AmberTools/src/mmpbsa_py/MMPBSA_mods/alamdcrd.py
>> patching file AmberTools/src/mmpbsa_py/setup.sh
>> patch: **** malformed patch at line 3176: Workarounds: none

Bugfix 2 is malformed: there needs to be three lines of context following
the final insertion. I'm travelling, but it is probably a blank line that
is missing. Can someone just check this (e.g. by having git remake
the patch)?

We probably need better QC on patches...I'm tempted to throw away both
patches 1 and 2 for AT1.5 and start over. Also, the "workarounds" comment
at the end of these harks back to quaint old days when people actually
examined patch files by hand. This is probably a good time to discuss
what should go into patches, how they should be tested, and whether this
is the best way to handle problems.

....dac