[AMBER] Regarding MTK++ MCPB tutorials on Small and Large Models of ZN Metalloprotein

From: Naveen Samala <nsamal1.tigers.lsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:55:46 -0500

Hi,

     Please help me in understanding the followings things in
MTKpp_0.2.0.pdf document.

1. In Side Chain Model, the oxygen atoms from Aspartic and Glutamic
Residues bonded to metal ion 'Zn' are given non-standard type. Other atoms
like oxygen from OH (MOH) and atoms from Histidine residues are also bonded
to Zn metal ion but not given non-standard type. I would like to know why
the other atoms are not set to non standard type, if they are also bonded to
metal ion.

copyAtomType parm94/O2 NAME/OA
setAtomType NAME/AS1/.OD1 NAME/OA
setAtomType NAME/AS1/.OD2 NAME/OA

2. In Side Chain Model, how to know what value to be set for torsion while
adding Methyl terminating groups?

addFragment terminal/CH3 bd /NAME/CLR/HD1-1/.CB. ag /NAME/CLR/HD1-1/.CG. tr
/NAME/CLR/HD1-1/.ND1 87.0

3. In Large Model, what does the below code mean? (This line is not seen in
Side Chain Model)

setMaxFileID /NAME/CLR/ /NAME/1

4. In Gaussian Options for Large Model, what value should be set for
Merz-Kollman Radii in case of Iron Metal?

setMKRadii zn 1.1

Thanks,
Naveen Samala