Re: [AMBER] Installation Amber Tools 1.5

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 10:44:33 -0700

Ah, I thought that a missing zlib didn't bomb out MTK++, but apparently
that's not the case.

You have 2 options: install zlib.h and bzlib.h or compile without MTK++.

To install the 2 packages (which is what I recommend), just do

"sudo apt-get install libbz2-dev zlib1g-dev"

Then you'll have to run configure again and build. Alternatively, you can
configure with

./configure -nomtkpp gnu

(or intel/pgi if you used those), and that should work. However, those are
useful headers/libs to have, so I would suggest installing them, since it's
as easy as a simple apt-get install.

HTH,
Jason

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 10:31 AM, juzer stationwala
<juzer.niper.gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello All,
> I am currently using Amber Tools 1.2 on Ubuntu 10.10.
> I tried to install Amber Tools 1.5 on the same system.
> During course of compilation following message was observed
>
> Checking for zlib: testp.c:2: fatal error: zlib.h: No such file or
> directory
> compilation terminated.
> ./configure: 1869: ./testp: not found
> Not found.
>
> Checking for libbz2: testp.c:2: fatal error: bzlib.h: No such file or
> directory
> compilation terminated.
> ./configure: 1869: ./testp: not found
> Not found.
>
> However compilation goes on till last & says
> The configuration file, config.h, was successfully created.
> The next step is to type 'make install'
>

> on typing command make install the process ends up with error message.
>

> In file included from ../src/MM/amber.h:36,
> from mmE.cpp:42:
> ../src/MM/mmPotential.h:45: fatal error: zlib.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.
> make[2]: *** [mmE.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/amber11/AmberTools/src/mtkpp/tools'
> make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/amber11/AmberTools/src/mtkpp'
> make: *** [install_mtkpp] Error 2
>

> kindly help me out
> --
> Warm Regards:
>
> Juzer Stationwala,
> Dept. of Pharmacoinformatics,
> National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research
> (NIPER)
> Mohali,
> Punjab.
> India