Re: [AMBER] pmemd.cuda crashes due to "Inconsistent hydrogen network"

From: Marc van der Kamp <marcvanderkamp.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 10:41:21 +0100

Hi again,

Thanks Ross, Carlos and Scott for your replies.
As I mentioned, I am using CHAMBER to get the prmtop, using a psf/crd of a
fully solvated system. CHAMBER has renamed the TIP3 (CHARMM convention) to
WAT, so all my waters are WAT. I further have 24 sodium ions in the solvent
(named SOD, following CHARMM convention, not Na+).
The SOLVENT_POINTERS in the created prmtop list are:
0 12203 0

So this is presumably where things go wrong, as it should be last solute
residue (428 in my case), total number of molecules (? or total number of
solvent molecules? If the first, then 12203 is correct), first solvent
molecule (429 in my case).
(Or perhaps no molecules should be treated with the special solvent SHAKE to
be more true to CHARMM?)
However, manually changing these values in the prmtop did not change the
problem.
I will try to do more testing on Monday.
BTW, I don't think this is really a user error, but perhaps an 'error' in
CHAMBER?

Many thanks,
Marc