[AMBER] conversion of gromacs trajectory file (xtc) to amber trajectory file (mdcrd) / problem in water molecules

From: leila karami <karami.leila1.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 14:04:03 +0330

Dear Bill

my gromacs trajectory file (xtc) contains 2500 frames.

I converted 2 frames of that to pdb file and then I reordered coordinate of
Na+ ions with water molecules in a editor.
then I obtained amber trajectory file (mdcrd). 1) when I open .prmtop and
new .mdcrd file by VMD, problem of length
of the water molecules was solved.
2) I found coordinates of a certain water molecule in those 2 frames in
gromacs and amber trajectory files,
coordinates are the same.
thus, as you said, reordering of coordinate of Na+ ions with water molecules
solved my problem. but I did
reordering just for 2 frames and manually.

how to do this reordering for all of the frames in gromacs trajectory file
(xtc) or in the converted pdb file?

--
Leila Karami
Ph.D. student of Physical Chemistry