Re: [AMBER] Problem using graphite strucute in equil MD

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 11:03:56 -0700

> It works with nstlim = 100000 and position constraint 10.0.

You are saying it crashes on nstlim = 10000 but runs ok with
nstlim = 100000, for the same restraint energy of 10? This does
not make sense.

> But I found the carbon atoms are moving a lot

What kind of movement? (I see you are using constant volume, so
coordinate scaling would not be involved as it would be for
constant pressure.)

> (I didn't make bonds
> between the residues which have 2 carbon atoms because leap generates
> weird bonds longer than about 5~10 A)

That implies you bonded the wrong atoms. Bonding a whole sheet of carbons
seems like it would be difficult to get right, but possible. You need to
know how to name your residues/atoms for the bonds. Be sure to develop
the setup as a script for replicability.

> and I gave 10->5000 and NaN
> error was coming out again.

For the restraint weight? 5000 is very high, you could try 50.
Also, I will suggest gradual warming again.

> Do you think this structure setup is wrong?

I can't tell. E.g. you haven't described your residue unit.

Bill