[AMBER] Problem using graphite strucute in equil MD

From: Bongkeun Kim <bkim.chem.ucsb.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 22:24:19 -0700

Hello,

I made a parameter file for a graphite layer with two carbons based on
the crystal unit cell.
An I generate a big monolayer of graphite using the matrix information
of the unit cell.

Using the following input file, I was able to minimize this graphite
which is solvated by TIP3P waters.
graphite-water min 1
  &cntrl
   imin = 1,
   maxcyc = 1000,
   ncyc = 500,
   ntb = 1,
   ntr = 1,
   cut = 10.0
  /
Hold the graphite fixed
5000.0
RES 1 120
END
END

But in the heat and equilibrium stage, the segmentation fault occurs
with sander and pmemd and it only gives a NaN output with pmemd.cuda.
The input file of heating is this:
  &cntrl
   imin = 0,
   irest = 0,
   ntx = 1,
   ntb = 1,
   cut = 10.0,
   ntr = 1,
   ntc = 2,
   ntf = 2,
   tempi = 0.0,
   temp0 = 300.0,
   ntt = 3,
   gamma_ln = 1.0,
   nstlim = 10000, dt = 0.002
   ntpr = 50, ntwx = 100, ntwr = 1000
  /
Hold the graphite fixed
10.0
RES 1 120
END
END

I'll send all the output files.
If you have any idea to deal with the graphite molecules(periodic
bonded), please let me know.
Thank you.
Bongkeun Kim