Re: [AMBER] Problem using graphite strucute in equil MD

From: Bongkeun Kim <bkim.chem.ucsb.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 11:19:35 -0700

Quoting Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.EDU>:

>> It works with nstlim = 100000 and position constraint 10.0.
>
> You are saying it crashes on nstlim = 10000 but runs ok with
> nstlim = 100000, for the same restraint energy of 10? This does
> not make sense.

I was wrong, it works also with 10000.

>> But I found the carbon atoms are moving a lot
>
> What kind of movement? (I see you are using constant volume, so
> coordinate scaling would not be involved as it would be for
> constant pressure.)

The six membered-like rings doesn't exist even though the actual
monomer is the two carbon molecule.

>> (I didn't make bonds
>> between the residues which have 2 carbon atoms because leap generates
>> weird bonds longer than about 5~10 A)
>
> That implies you bonded the wrong atoms. Bonding a whole sheet of carbons
> seems like it would be difficult to get right, but possible. You need to
> know how to name your residues/atoms for the bonds. Be sure to develop
> the setup as a script for replicability.

I attached prepi and the original two-carbon monomer pdb file.
And I used the following script in leap
source leaprc.ff99SB
source leaprc.gaff
loadamberprep c2.prepi
gr=loadpdb 20.pdb
##bondByDistance gr 1.5
savepdb gr 20amb.pdb
solvatebox gr TIP3PBOX {0 0 20}
saveamberparm gr 20.prmtop 20.inpcrd

>> and I gave 10->5000 and NaN
>> error was coming out again.
>
> For the restraint weight? 5000 is very high, you could try 50.

I tried 50, but it also gave me NaN error.

> Also, I will suggest gradual warming again.
>
>> Do you think this structure setup is wrong?
>
> I can't tell. E.g. you haven't described your residue unit.

The residue design looks like:
-===========================
ATOM 0 C GRA 0 0.000 0.000 0.000
ATOM 1 C1 GRA 0 -0.000 1.421 0.034