Re: [AMBER] error in atomic charge calculation in RED server

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 08:37:36 +0200

Chinh Su,

ok I got it; I used your name in the R.E.D. Server DB to get your account...

R.E.D. IV generates the following error:
    Geometry optimization(s) is/are being computed for molecule 1 ...
        [ FAILED ] See the file(s) "JOB1-gau_m1-1.out"

You have 2490 atoms with three zinc atoms...

In the input submission page, it is written:

"R.E.D. Server has been developed to compute RESP or ESP charge values
embedded in force field library(ies) for small molecules and/or
molecular fragments. It is not designed to handle large molecular
systems such as a protein or an oligonucleotide.
R.E.D. Server input files have to be carefully prepared. Do not
hesitate to contact the q4md-forcefieldtools team if you have
questions about these inputs using the Assistance service or the q4md
force field tools mailing list."

If you want to get a FF library with RESP charges for a bio-inorganic
complex, you need to isolate the amino-acids which participate in the
'active site'.
You need to know which theory level you will use in QM and you need to
know how to build a molecular fragment in order to incorporate your
active site in your protein... See
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/

Do not hesitate to ask if you have more specific questions...

regards, Francois