Re: [AMBER] error in atomic charge calculation in RED server

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 08:55:21 +0200

Chinh Su,

> The job number on the RED was P537 , if it is the reference you mentioned.

ok I looked at P531...

P537 contains 1152 atoms & three Zinc atoms: this is too bigggg...

> We increased memory space to 8GB during Gaussian (g09) calculation, not in
> running the RED-vIII.4.pl, because we tried Mode 2 of the package, and it
> requires the Gaussian input for geometry optimization.
> We thought we might calculate it separately and input to the RED-vIII.4
> later.

I would split your system in order to keep only the amino-acids in the
active site.

Do you think Hartree-Fock (in QM) is ok for such a bio-inorganic complex ?

> Note that I modified my p2n file in CONECT part for correct connections of
> the atoms. Would it be the reason of the error? But I might not think so.

I think this is a memory error problem because your molecule is too big.

regards, Francois