Re: [AMBER] AmberTools 1.4 installation problem

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 09:33:22 -0400

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010, Shradha Chopra Phd2009,BIC wrote:

> I am trying to install Amber 11 along with AmberTools 1.4 but make install
> for amber tools fails. I am using an intel 64-bit machine.
>
> ld: pbsa: hidden symbol `__intel_cpu_indicator_init' in
> /data/shradha/intel/Compiler/11.1/073/lib/intel64/libirc.a(cpu_disp.o) is
> referenced by DSO
> ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output

As Jason said, this is probably a compiler problem. What is the output of
"ifort -V" and "icc -V"? Are they both at the same release level?

The latest compiler that works here is 11.1.069, so it would be a little
odd if such a minor change was really the culprit. Is there any chance
you tried to build with some other compiler, and might have some left over
object files? If so, be sure to type "make clean", and then re-run the
configure script.

These types of errors pop up from time to time, and it's usually a bit of a
mystery what is going on: the missing item (__intel_cpu_indicator_init) is
code coming from the compiler, not something that Amber developers coded.

...good luck....dac