[AMBER] FW: MD on an array of small molecules

From: Bozell, Joseph John <jbozell.utk.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 13:46:02 +0000

Thanks for the initial feedback...I guess I'm still not clear on the steps
necessary to execute the simulation I want. By following the manual and
various online tutorials, I am able to successfully carry out antechamber on
a **single** copy of my molecule to generate charges, and can then minimize
the molecule, solvate it, and generate an MD simulation and movie...quite
straightforward and effective.

However, I now want to generate an appropriate set of files, coordinates,
charges, etc. that contain 2 (or more) copies of this same molecule, solvate
them, and carry out an MD simulation to see how/if they interact as a probe
of the first steps in self assembly. Is there a simple way to take the
optimized structure generated in amber for a single molecule and just clone
multiple copies of it for evaluation in an MD run? Xleap does not appear to
have a way to carry out a molecular copy step, or the ability to arrange an
array of molecules in various conformations. Sirius 1.2 allows me to import
a couple of molecules and position them independently, but does not seem to
be able to save the resulting molecular pair as a single file of coordinates
(maybe I haven't dug deeply enough into its operation??). The closest
analogies I've seen involve docking a substrate in an enzyme, but I have
been unable to translate those methodologies to the simpler molecules I'm
working with.

Again, thanks for any guidance,

Joe Bozell
University of Tennessee