Re: [AMBER] random number seed - range

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 18:05:34 -0400

Yes, sorry for the confusion; per the previous mail from Ross, this was
buried in a bugfix, and I did not know about it, as I did not do that bugfix
and it was not in the title. So I still think it is a good idea for folks
to be cautious about this one - I for one, at some point in the middle of
the release cycle, look at the bugfixes titles to see if they are
interesting, but don't patch unless I need the fix. So the default released
behaviour of pmemd 10 is what I have been warning about, and I still think
it is a good idea to beware of the potential problem. Sorry for the
confusion; hopefully we all have discussed it enough now that folks will be
forewarned (so bugfix 26 is a whopper of a fix that includes CHARMM support
which is not exactly needed by everyone in the world...).
Regards - Bob