Re: [AMBER] parallel compiling failure of Amber 11

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 12:34:13 -0400

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010, Yubo Fan wrote:

> When I ran 'make parallel' at $AMBERHOME/src, the error message
> appears as:
> Error: config.h is not of type parallel!
> Rerun ./configure and specify an MPI implementation.
> make: *** [configured_parallel] Error 2
>
> The making of AmberTools and 'make serial' passed already. I ran
> './configure -openmp intel' to create a config.h file at

This is wrong, although perhaps an understandable error.

1. AmberTools can be made in parallel in two ways: using openmp or MPI.

2. However, Amber itself can only be made in parallel using MPI. So, from
the point of view of Amber, using the "-openmp" option is not enough to give
a "parallel" config.h. You need to run the configure script using the "-mpi"
option, not the "openmp" one.

....dac