Re: [AMBER] reg REMD

From: Dongshan Wei <dswei0523.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 15:04:48 -0400

Dear Carlos,

Recently I'm beginning to learn REMD using Amber 10. I did the REMD
tutorial, but I still have several questions about the tutorial.

(1) What is the role of this line "set default PBradii mbondi2" in the
leap.in script? If I do Ala10 explicit simulation, do I need to add
     this line in my leap.in script?

(2) For T-REMD, how to correctly choose the starting temperature and
end temperature? Is there a special sense to choose the starting
temperature lower than 300K for peptide or protein systems?

(3) The running average success rate is defined as

        successful swap times / (0.5* total attempt swap times)

     Is this definition is consistent with "acceptance ratio" which in
most used in literature? I found in the literature there is no 0.5 in
the denominator in the definition of the acceptance ratio.

Thanks so much for your time!

Dongshan