Re: [AMBER] Problem about Sander with large system

From: Tom Williams <dnaafm.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 11:45:18 +0800

Dear Prof. Roitberg,

Yes, with the imagining the system with its neighboring boxes, i see the the
holes on corners.

I just went over the threads very quickly. Someone wondered if ibelly can
cause the problem.
Do you think it is because of *ibelly*? I did use *ibelly* to fixed the
protein atoms positions for the first step of energy
minimization and then I did that MD run which shows the water holes.

I intend to run a large system (with large dimensions) in NVT ensemble. I
used Xleap to randomly
add the water molecules. Is it because Xleap is not be able to assign water
molecules with correct
density and cause this water hole? This not enough number of water molecule
cause free volume
when the system is large and form the water hole?

Thanks for your help very much!

Tom