Re: [AMBER] AMBER10 installation on OSX

From: Kensuke Nakamura <kensuke-nm.is.naist.jp>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 12:24:30 +0900

okay, i did make -f Makefile_at clean and still got the problem.
it turned out Makefile's in directories under src/netcdf still had -m32 option and
I modified configure_at instead of .config.h and it worked.
however, test still does not work.

[naist-wavenet:~/apps/amber10/test] kenske% make -f Makefile_at test
( cd nab; make test )
Running test to make dna duplex:

/bin/sh: line 1: 9394 Segmentation fault ./duplex < duplex.in
make[1]: *** [duplex_test] Error 139
make: *** [test.nab] Error 2

Now I think i should try the AmberTools1.4.
Thank you for many helps so far!

kenske

> However, the error you're getting is a result of left-over object files
> built with the -m32 (or equivalent) flag, so you need to "make clean" to get
> rid of them.
>
> Good luck!
> Jason

>> snow
>> instances
>> for Mac
>>>
>>> I took -m32 out from config.h and make proceeded, before I get another
>> error..
>>> ld: warning: in ../netcdf/lib/libnetcdf.a, file was built for unsupported
>> file format which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
>>
>> It looks like you have left-over files from an earlier compile in the
>> netcdf
>> subdirectory. Be sure to type "make clean" (and make sure that
>> netcdf/lib/libnetcdf.a is removed) before continuing.
>>
>> ...good luck...dac

> Jason M. Swails
> Quantum Theory Project,
> University of Florida